Getting ready to welcome the Sesquicentennial Celebrations has been a lot of loving labor. Several community members have worked on the Black Diamond building. Here is a shot of Rick Tate, Patty Cheever, and Freddie Ricker doing some painting on the exterior. Many others worked on windows, interior, and scaping the building, including Nellie Skinner, Erica Pappenfoht, Anna Lowery, Cathy Ricker, Bonnie Patrick, Diana and Frank Adams, and.... I'll get back to ya if I left anyone out! Please let me know.. Thanks to everyone. -- gp
Saturday, September 13, 2008
Saturday, September 6, 2008
FRIDAY, October 3, 2008 - Events start at 5 p.m. at the City Park
- Welcome - Mayor Bonnie Harrington
- Music - Community Choir & Bevier School Band
- Guest Speaker - Frank Adams, Senior Class President of Centennial Year 1958
- Proclamation - State Representative Tom Shively
- Dedication of #3 School Bell
- Dinner - Catered by Nolan Catering. Adults $9 and Children $5
- 150th Bevier Birthday Party - Free Homemade Cake & Ice Cream & Birthday Balloon Release
- Heritage Banner Parade - Parade of Families of Different Nationalities, Recognizing the Many Different Heritages in Our Community
- 8 p.m. to 10 p.m. - BLACK DIAMOND JUBILEE - Music & Entertainment With Bill Lear and Friends
SATURDAY, October 4th, 2008 - Activities at Various Locations - Try to Visit Them All!
- 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. - Music, Games & Food at City Park (Bubble Blowing, Hula Hoop, Do the Twist! Enjoy Root Beer Floats, Sandwiches, French Fries & Onion Rings too!)
- 9 a.m. to 11 a.m. Kids Day at City Park (Games, Contests and Prizes for Ages 5-12 Years)
- 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. - Car Show "Rock & Roll Days" - A DJ will have music playing all afternoon. Come dressed in 50's and 60's attire - Win a Prize!
- 9 a.m. to Noon - Sesquicentennial Postal Stamp Cancellation at Bevier Post Office
- 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. - "Nauvoo on the Road" at the Black Diamond Building Lot. (Old time demonstrations of candle making, rope making, baked goods, etc.)
- 1 p.m. to 4 p.m. - Quilt Show - Frank & Diana Adams Home, 404 Shelby Street
- 1 p.m. to 4 p.m. - Historical Tour of Bevier - Meet at Bevier School. Transportation Provided.
- 5 p.m. to 7 p.m. - Cemetery Theatre - St. Charles Catholic, Oakwood and Richardsdale. Tours begin and Shoemaker Travel Trailers. $3 Per Person. Tram and Golf Cart Transportation Provided.
- 6 p.m. to 10 p.m. Old Time Rock & Roll at City Park by "The Diamonds" and "Kenny T and the Weekenders." Bring your lawn chairs!
- 10:30 p.m. - Fireworks Display at Howard Burk Field - Sponsored by Richard Compton
SUNDAY, October 5, 2008
- 2 p.m. to 4 p.m. - Tea & Style Show at Bevier School Auditorium. Adults $5, Children $3
- 5:30 p.m. - Closing Celebration - All-Community Church Service and Carry-In Dinner at Bevier Public School. Dinnerware, Drinks and Meat Provided - Bring a Covered Dish!